I read a few political blogs from the Left and Right - not many, because I cannot stand the whole team-politics thing, but I feel like I need to hear what they are saying. Apparently, Conservatives (after the Supreme Court Obamacare decision) are saying that their side is too soft, too amenable to being intimidated by the Left.
Here is my observation from reading a fairly equal helping of political blogs from both sides: These sort of things are cherished beliefs of both sides. I don't have the post-holiday energy to hunt up the links, but I can say with confidence that both Left and Right seem to believe, or at least to write that:
- Their own side compromises more than the other side does
- The other side is much more bare knuckles, doing what it takes to win. Their own side has ethics that always causes them to stop short
- The other side is better at keeping its members from breaking ranks
- The other side is raising more money than their side
- The other side is a vast coordinated conspiracy using a top-down imposed message while their own side is mainly individuals acting independently