I am a little late to the game, but in case you have not seen the new DHS regs (apparently only in place until December 30, when they will no doubt come up with something even stupider, here they are.
- Physical patdowns of some but not all of a passenger's body, to exclude areas of the body actually used by the recent terrorist to secret his bomb components.
- No getting up in the last hour of the flight, for no good reason than the last threat occurred in the last hour of the flight. Of course, the 9/11 hijackings occurred in the first hour of the flight.
- Services that are actually starting to make air flight more tolerable are banned, including midair Internet access and real-time satellite TV feeds. And no more of that telling you where you are and how long until you land - you'll just have to wait for the landing gear to kiss the ground to know when you are landing.
- Everything that was inspected at the security point has to be reinspected at the gate
- Don't bother trying to read anything on the flight or occupy your mind in any way - personal items banned in the first and last hour.
- Only one carry-on, so plan to check your bag, paying the airline to do so, and then add an extra 45 minutes at your destination to wait for it to finally be delivered back to you.
I used to fly about 100,000 miles a year in this job. I am now down to 25,000, despite the fact my business is even more spread out. A bit more effort from the DHS and I will get it down to zero.