Michigan has a huge problem with jobs and capital leaving the state for more favorable climates. Which makes it incredible that the ruling Democrats in the state have this plan to improve things:
- Hiking the minimum wage to $10 an hour for all workers.
- Imposing a blanket moratorium on home foreclosures for 12 months.
- Cutting utility rates 20% across the board.
- Requiring all employers to provide health care to their employees.
- Hiking, by $100 a week, and extending, for six months, unemployment benefits.
Wow, that should really bring companies running to the state to invest their capital. This is always a powerfully attractive package:
- Raise the price of unskilled labor and entry-level employees
- Reduce protections for lenders investing capital in the state
- Set the state up for power shortages
- Increase the price of labor by $12,000 or more per year
- Increase employment-related taxes ( a sure outcome of raising unemplyment benefits)