The new Typepad editor is not at all ready for prime time. I cannot find a single new feature in it, but it is rife with bugs. Ones I have found so far:
- Certain images will not upload correctly into a post. The Typepad folks do not know why
- Twice I had a crazy error when all of the text and buttons in the "add link" popup window suddenly were inserted into the post
- All my category setup was overwritten and I had to redo it all
- The spell checker is awful. There is no "skip all" button. I used "IPCC" 50+ times in one post at my other blog, and had to hit skip 50 times over and over
- The eliminated the blockquote editor option. Good job on a blog editor!
- It is slow, slow, slow.
This is one of those enforced beta situations where all of use users are forced to do the beta testing they should have done. This is the one downside to web-based applications, because there is no way I can do a rollback to the old version.
Update: Also, publish is way slowed down. Sometimes it take several minutes to be able to see new posts on my blog. This one still has not appeared after hitting shift-refresh now for 3 minutes.
Update #2: They sent me an article to trumpet all the new features, but I could find not a single new feature listed. And it is probably a bad sign they felt the need to put this up front in the article:
If you are seeing the new compose, please be aware that it is not a beta version, it's an upgraded editor that you should be seeing.
Update #3: Getting good comments about WordPress. I may have to check it out.